City of Dunlap, TN / Sequatchie Dunlap Chamber / Start exploringHome


Natural Gas itself is odorless, but a chemical called "mercaptan" is added to produce a very unpleasant smell. the purpose of this smell is for you the customer to detect any leaks.
 
Natural Gas is lighter than air and breathing natural gas is not harmful if an adequate supply of oxygen is available. however, gas burners that are not properly adjusted can produce deadly carbon monoxide. You can not see carbon monoxide, but it's a killer. Make sure all  gas appliances are properly adjusted and vented to avoid these dangers.

 

Leave service to the experts, your service technician knows and understands how to get the most from your gas appliances.

 

Make sure all family members know to:

Respect Natural Gas
How To Properly Use It
What To Do In Case Of An Emergency